16 December 2009

'The Inconvenient Fact' - really?

I just read an article in "The Age" here in melbourne that showed senator fielding with a graph of 'the inconvenient fact' showing that the last decade has shown no change in temperature and yet there has been a change in CO2.

The graph - available  here shows the senators point.

RealClimate.org discussess global mean tempature and the anomoly here:

I don't understand all of it. But what I wanted to see was more than a decades worth of data of temperature. My understanding is - there's been 55 million years or so of temperature rise. Is the last decade indicative? Is there a lag in CO2/temperature etc.

Apparently a guy called hansen presented to the US congress and then revised predictions in 2006. Here's the graph I like and believe shows that temperature has changed over the last 40 years at least, along with CO2 and so IS NOT an inconvenient fact.



See the CO2 emissions one from the report from Garnaut:




To be really conclusive, I would like to see the temperature data before 1960 to see how it rose or not.

Let me know what you think

No comments:

Post a Comment